Speaker Reimbursement Policy
Approved April 7, 2010; Revised October 18, 2013
Terms of Participation
- There will be no differentiation between symposia and workshops (when referring to number of speakers and speaker compensation).
- Members will receive an honorarium of $250.
- Nonmembers who are pediatric hematologist/oncologist will receive an honorarium of $250. Staff will establish a special option for ASPHO membership and conference registration for non member speakers who are pediatric hematologist/oncologists encouraging them to join ASPHO.
- Nonmembers who are not pediatric hematologist/oncologist will receive: $250 honorarium, conference registration, airfare, and 1 night hotel.
- The Presidential Symposium will follow the same reimbursement policy as stated above, but the nonmember speaker will receive an $800 honorarium.
- The Program Committee has the discretion to fund up to two international speakers each year.
- Presenters will be permitted to give one presentation during the annual meeting.
- Workshops, symposia, and Maintenance of Certification session will be compensated as stated above; platform sessions and Early Career luncheon will not receive any compensation.
- Award Winners (Oski/Distinguished Career Award/Young Investigator Awards) will receive compensation based on the award guidelines.
- Exceptions to the policy will be brought to the ASPHO board by the program chair.
- The responsibility of enforcing the policy falls to the chair and vice chair of the Program Committee.
To better manage costs and thereby maintain registration fees at an affordable level, the following policy with regard to speaker air travel is in effect:
- Speakers must book air travel through the ASPHO travel agent an established number of days prior to the meeting. In the event that a speaker arranges their own travel, a fair price cap will be established that ASPHO will not exceed in reimbursement.
- This will be detailed in the speaker agreement, which speakers will sign to indicate awareness and compliance with the policy.