COVID–19 Resources for Pediatric Hematologists/Oncologists
All communities face a major public health concern with the current outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19). ASPHO is staying abreast of developments related to the spread and will continue to provide helpful resources to our providers caring for children, adolescents, and young adults with blood disorders and cancer.
ASPHO members are encouraged to continue posting questions or sharing information on our Clinical Forum that would be useful to the community.
- Webinar Session, Clinical Aspects of Evaluating and Treating COVID-19 Patients in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, part of Week 1 Summer Virtual Learning Series
- Webinar COVID-19 and Pediatric Hematology/Oncology - Implications and Opportunities. Get your questions answered with the Q&A webinar transcript.
- ASPHO's advocacy work contributed to two pieces of legislation becoming law in the CARES Act.
- NIH Treatment Guidelines for COVID-19 – US Expert Panel updating living document on most recent clinical data and recommendations for treatment.
- COVID-19 Prevention Network – Information on ongoing clinical trial to secure a vaccine.
Health Provider Well-Being
- Summary of ACGME Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Program Requirements on Well-Being
- AAP Resilience Webinar
- ASPHO Well-Being Special Interest Group
- Uniformed Services University - Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress includes strategies for sustaining healthcare personnel well-being
- AMA Resources for healthcare leadership to support their team members
- Apps for meditation, mindfulness and sleep
Return to School
Telemedicine Services Expanded: Telemedicine has been broadened to address the COVID-19 public health emergency. Medicare coverage and payment for telemedicine services have been expanded on a temporary and emergency basis. States are also allowing license flexibility during the crisis.
- AMA Quick Guide to Telemedicine
- CMS Fact Sheet
- Office of Inspector General Fact Sheet
- AAP Coding for Telemedicine Services
- Pediatric Blood & Cancer: COVID-19 Collection
- New England Journal of Medicine: COVID-19 is culminating articles and other resources for providers
- Wiley Publishers is making a collection of journal articles and our book chapters on coronavirus research freely available to the global scientific community
- Pediatrics: COVID-19 Collection
- JAMA: COVID-19 Collection
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Telehealth & Health Equity: Considerations for Addressing Health Disparities during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Clinical Management of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Guidance is available specifically for Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Facilities, Health Departments and Laboratories
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) offers resources including Checklists and Tools to Accelerate Relief for State Medicaid and CHIP Programs
Sickle Cell Disease Association of America provides weekly updates each Friday on COVID-19 data and evidence relevant to Sickle Cell Disease care providers.
ACGME provides guidance to teaching hospital with increased clinical demands.
Blood Shortage Due to COVID-19: The COVID-19 outbreak has caused a severe blood shortage. Blood donation resources are available here:
US Food & Drug Administration has up to date information on the current status of:
American Medical Association (AMA)
What People With Cancer Need to Know: A COVID-19 blog that is updated daily with recommendations from an ASCO affiliated physician.