Over 1,100 attendees at ASPHO’s milestone 30th Annual Meeting!
Professionals from throughout the field gained critical new knowledge from the breadth of education, treatment and research discoveries shared at the meeting.
Highlights from this year's meeting in historic Montréal included:
- Original research presentations
- Sessions led by leading experts in pediatric hematology/oncology
- Full schedule of events with sessions representing the diversity and breadth of the field: 25 educational sessions, 7 platform sessions, and 444 posters
- Convenient Maintenance of Certification opportunities
- 7 Special Interest Group workshops open to all attendees
- Visit ASPHO's Facebook page to see more highlights!
Programs benefit professionals from throughout pediatric hematology/oncology:
- Subspecialist investigators and practitioners from every sector of pediatric hematology/oncology
- Hospitalists, physician assistants, advanced nurse practitioners, other advanced practice providers and allied healthcare professionals
- Early, midcareer and veteran professionals from the U.S. and abroad
Special Programs for Early Career Specialists
Early-career attendees will have the chance to participate in popular events, such as the Early-Career Round Table Luncheon, where attendees participate in discussion groups led by experts in specific areas of interest, and two Speed Mentoring sessions.
Special Programs for Mid to Late Career Specialists
The 2017 meeting presented two opportunities to obtain MOC credit. For the fourth consecutive year, ASPHO will offer the MOC Learning Session on Saturday, April 29. ASPHO will also offer attendees a series of case-based, multiple-choice questions developed from specific meeting sessions from the annual meeting. ASPHO will offer two opportunities to obtain American Board of Pediatrics Maintenance of Certification Part 2 points.
Maintenance of Certification Learning Session on Saturday, April 29, at 11:45am. The fee is $50 and advance registration is required.
ASPHO will offer case-based, multiple-choice questions written by members of the Program Committee created from specific sessions at the annual meeting. Selected sessions have been identified by an asterisk (*). When purchased, attendees will be able to access the questions online as part of the evaluation. After an overall score of 70% or more is achieved, participants will receive 10 ABP Part 2 points. Participants can have unlimited access to the multiple-choice questions for a year. The fee is $50 and advance registration is required.
Questions can be answered after the meeting to earn 10 additional MOC Part 2 points.
ASPHO invited two recognized investigators, Nada Jabado, MD PhD, and Georges E. Rivard, MD, who presented their cutting-edge research at concurrent platform sessions on Saturday.
Annual Meeting Recording
Order your online recording of the meeting sessions to ensure ongoing access to critical information presented at the ASPHO 30th Annual Meeting. Attendees can order the online recording before the meeting, onsite in Montréal or after the meeting concludes. Recordings are available for $99 until Saturday, April 29, at 11 am, after which they will be available for $149.
ASPHO's fourth annual 5K Fun Run/Walk was held on Thursday, April 27, at the Old Port of Montréal. Over 100 attendees participated!
This event will be held on April 29-30. EPEC-Pediatrics curriculum offers state-of-the-art knowledge to provide excellent pain and palliative care to pediatric patients and their families. Funded by the National Cancer Institute and based on proven training methods, the program features a high-impact, train-the-trainer model that equips clinicians to educate interdisciplinary teams that care for children with cancer/hematological conditions and other serious illnesses about palliative care.
This training is designed for MDs and AP/NP pediatric specialists.
The curriculum includes
- training in the EPEC model of professional education, with an emphasis on learning how to teach
- 20 online modules
- 24 PowerPoint modules, trainer's guide, and film clips upon successful completion of the course.