Call for Workshops - Now Open
2020 ASPHO Conference
May 6-9, 2020
Fort Worth, TX
General Information Regarding Workshops
The American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology will hold its 2020 Conference on May 6-9, in Fort Worth, TX. The ASPHO Conference Planning Committee invites the submission of proposals for workshops to be presented during the meeting in Fort Worth.
The Conference Planning Committee requests that proposals be interactive, problem-solving discussions, debates, or cases geared towards the educational needs of a specific audience. Your proposal will be scored based on both content and planned audience engagement. Moderators should seek participants from a varied group of faculty (e.g., multiple institutions).
**SPEAKER REIMBURSEMENT POLICY**
Each session is limited to a moderator and up to 3 additional speakers (3 members, 1 non-member). Member speakers will receive a $250 honorarium for their participation in the workshop. Non-members who are pediatric hematology/oncology professionals will receive a $250 honorarium for their participation in the workshop. Non-members who are NOT pediatric hematology/oncology professionals will receive a $250 honorarium, one round trip coach airfare, one night at the meeting hotel, and meeting registration. Any requests differing from this policy will need to have written documentation supporting the need and must be approved by the Board of Trustees.
The submittal system will remain open from May 30 to July 25, 2019 The system will close at 2:59 pm Eastern Time on the deadline date and additional submissions will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified in September of 2019 regarding selection of their workshop.
Faculty Disclosure Requirements
ASPHO requires full faculty disclosure and a speaker agreement from all faculty. Completed disclosure forms and the speaker agreement must be received by August 9, 2019, to be reviewed and discussed for potential and real conflicts of interest by the Accreditation Subcommittee. While the submission system will close on July 25, the forms will remain accessible to faculty until August 9, 2019. Faculty members failing or refusing to complete the forms will be prohibited from participating in the meeting. ASPHO requires that all contributions to a CME activity are based on the best available evidence (refer to Policy on Content Validation).
Proposals for Workshops
Workshops are scheduled to take place Wednesday, May 6 - Saturday, May 9, 2020. All faculty must be willing and able to present on these dates. Workshop sessions are 60-90 minutes as determined by the Conference Planning Committee.
For each submission, you will be asked for:
- Presentation title
- Presentation description (100 words or less for publication on the ASPHO website, mobile app, and marketing materials)
- Learning objectives (2-3 statements defining the expected outcomes)
- Information source
- Agree to work with a member of the Conference Planning Committee for oversight of your workshop. You and your speakers will be expected to submit your presentation slides to this committee member two weeks prior to the meeting
- Presentation outlines (a minimum of half the time should be interaction with cases, debates, etc.)
- Provide details on how you plan to make your workshop interactive
- Proposed Young Investigator to be involved in the planning and implementation of this workshop (including title, institution and contact information)
- Moderator and presenter contact information (include: name, credentials, employer, address, phone, fax, email, and presentation title)
- If more than one speaker is from the same institution, justification on why you feel this is necessary