Hospitalist Medicine Special Interest Group
The mission of the Hospitalist Medicine SIG is to promote evolution of the fellowship-trained PHO Hospitalist role as either a clinical pathway within PHO programs or as a defined sub-specialization area.
- To promote awareness of, and opportunities in, hospitalist medicine within Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- To create a forum for providers with an interest in hospitalist medicine or a clinically focused career in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology to align
- To develop a networking platform to share ideas, experiences and goals for hospitalists with specific disease focus areas or other emerging disciplines such as medical education, quality improvement, integrative medicine, palliative care, or global health.
- To promote cross-hospital partnerships and collaboration, and create a forum for all academic and research for hospitalists in PHO
- To advocate for hospitalists with regard to their professional development and careers in hematology/oncology hospitalist medicine through collaborations within their institutions as well with ASPHO members at other centers.
, MD, MPH, MSB, Chair
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
, MD MSCE, Vice Chair
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
A discussion group in the ASPHO member community has been designated for members of the SIG to share information, documents, links and files. Members can join the SIG from their My Account Special Interest Groups account page. Current SIG members can access the community directly to participate.