Small Program Special Interest Group
The Small Program Special Interest Group aims to improve clinical care, treatment options, and outcomes for children diagnosed with cancer or blood diseases across the spectrum of smaller practices throughout the US and Canada, through networking, participation in research, and mentorship.
- Establish a network of pediatric hematology/oncology providers that care for children at small centers across the US and Canada.
- Identify and overcome challenges unique to smaller pediatric hematology/oncology programs in a supportive forum.
- Nurture collaboration amongst programs of all sizes for basic science research sample collection, quality improvement, MOC requirements, educational opportunities, and professional development.
- Increase the diversity of childhood cancer research pool by increasing our patients’ access to collaborative group research protocols, new pharmaceutical trials, and investigational clinical protocols in partnership with tertiary centers.
- Promote the small practice model to trainees through participation in the ASPHO mentorship program, demonstrating the unique strengths, limitations, and rewards of a smaller practice.
, MD, Past Chair
Kalispell Regional Healthcare
, FRCPC MD MS MSC, Chair
Janeway Children's Health and Rehabilitation Centre
, MD MS FAAP, Vice Chair
SIUH Northwell Health
A discussion group in the ASPHO member community has been designated for members of the SIG to share information, documents, links and files. Members can join the SIG from their My Account Special Interest Groups account page. Current SIG members can access the community directly to participate.