Help advance the mission of ASPHO to support practitioners in their quest to improve the health and well-being of children, adolescents and young adults with blood disorders and cancers. Because ASPHO is a 501(c)3 charitable organization, every donation is tax deductible.
Contributing to ASPHO supports ongoing access to engaging educational events, collaborative networking opportunities, and valuable workforce data provided by the Society. Your contributions help sustain and build the PHO field, which benefits current and future generations of leaders.
Specifically, your donations will support ASPHO’s Young Investigator Awards, Early Career Travel Stipend Awards, and Advanced Practice Provider Travel Awards, as well as mentoring programs for early and mid-career professionals, diversity efforts, and other educational programs.
Additionally, by donating to ASPHO, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, your donations provide you with tax benefits that can assist at the end of the year.
Stories about the Impact of Donors’ Giving
Young Investigator Award
“I am incredibly honored to have been selected as a recipient for the ASPHO Young Investigator Award. This award gave me the opportunity to present my research at a national meeting and was a wonderful culmination to my postdoctoral training. The award actually came at a time when I was looking for independent tenure-track Assistant Professor level faculty positions and being able to attend the ASPHO annual meeting for the first time allowed me to network with both clinicians and researchers who are leaders in the field of pediatric hematology/oncology." - Loretta Li, MD
ASPHO Early Career Mentoring Program
“Active participation in the ASPHO mentorship program allows you to connect with professionals with a myriad of experiences and can be invaluable in helping you shape your ideal version of the specialty. I encourage early career professionals to seize the opportunity to participate." - Trisha Larkin, MD MBA
Ways to Donate
ASPHO makes it easy to donate in a variety of ways:
Give a one-time donation
Provide a recurring donation/pledge
- A recurring donation can be provided on a monthly or annual basis to provide ongoing support to ASPHO. Choose the Recurring Gift option on the donation form to set this up.
Honor Your Colleagues or Donate in Their Memory
- Honorary gifts recognize an individual who has made an impact on your career or life.
- In Memoriam gifts are a tribute in memory of someone who has passed away.
- To make an Honorary or Memoriam donation, be sure to choose that option on the donation form.
Donate Your Speaker Honorarium
- Speakers at the ASPHO Conference who are members receive a $250 honorarium check to participate in the event. Many speakers donate these honoraria back to the Society to be used to enhance programs.
- To donate your honorarium check, you may do so during the speaker orientation effort in the Fall/Winter prior to the Conference at which you are speaking.
Leverage Institutional Matching Donations
- Some institutions and employers match donations to charitable organizations. Check with your institution whether it provides a match to yours to double your impact!
Individual Giving Levels
ASPHO has established giving levels for recognition purposes. Donors will be recognized online, at the ASPHO Conference, and in an ASPHO publication in the following levels based on their annual giving to the organization.
- Diamond - $2,500 or greater
- Gold - $1,000-$2,499
- Silver - $500-$999
- Bronze - $100-$499
- Sustaining - $99 or less