Small Program Special Interest Group
The Small Program Special Interest Group aims to improve clinical care, treatment options, and outcomes for children diagnosed with cancer or blood diseases across the spectrum of smaller practices throughout the US and Canada, through networking, participation in research, and mentorship.
- Establish a network of pediatric hematology/oncology providers that care for children at small centers across the US and Canada.
- Identify and overcome challenges unique to smaller pediatric hematology/oncology programs in a supportive forum.
- Nurture collaboration amongst programs of all sizes for basic science research sample collection, quality improvement, MOC requirements, educational opportunities, and professional development.
- Increase the diversity of childhood cancer research pool by increasing our patients’ access to collaborative group research protocols, new pharmaceutical trials, and investigational clinical protocols in partnership with tertiary centers.
- Promote the small practice model to trainees through participation in the ASPHO mentorship program, demonstrating the unique strengths, limitations, and rewards of a smaller practice.
Essentia Health Duluth Minnesota
, Past Chair
Staten Island University Hospital
, Vice Chair
ProMedica Toledo Children's Hospital
A discussion group in the ASPHO member community has been designated for members of the SIG to share information, documents, links and files. Members may join or can access the group by clicking here and signing in with your member user name and password.