Global Pediatric Hematology Oncology Special Interest Group
The mission of the Global Hematology Oncology Special Interest Group (SIG) is to improve the diagnosis, care, and outcomes for children with hematologic and oncologic disease across the world through the development of training partnerships and collaborative research.
- To collaborate with international partners to develop training modules for pediatric hematology and oncology
- To encourage and assist ASPHO members, particularly during fellowship, to participate in global pediatric hematology and oncology training and research programs
- To identify international partners from developing countries and to engage these partners within this ASPHO SIG, encouraging participation through the online members community and at the annual meeting
- Assist in the development and implementation of clinically relevant global hematologic and oncologic issues with the focus on high-priority and practical research questions
- To provide a platform for training of North American trainees/physicians in global hematology/oncology
MD, Past Chair
Connecticut Children's Hospital
MD MS, Chair
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
A discussion group in the ASPHO member community has been designated for members of the SIG to share information, documents, links, and files. Members can join the SIG from their My Account Special Interest Groups account page. Current SIG memabers can access the community directly to participate.