Pediatric Blood & Cancer - Deputy Editor
The deadline for the Call for Applications for Deputy Editor has been reached. Applications will no longer be accepted, and the Deputy Editor will be selected in October.
Pediatric Blood & Cancer (the Journal) is the Official Journal of The American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and the International Society of Paediatric Oncology; affiliated with The European Society for Paediatric Haematology and Immunology, the Histiocyte Society, the International Society of Paediatric Surgical Oncology, and the Japanese Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, and owned and published by Wiley.
The Journal publishes the highest quality manuscripts describing basic and clinical investigations of blood disorders and malignant diseases of childhood, including diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology, etiology, biology, and molecular and clinical genetics of these diseases as they affect children, adolescents, and young adults. The Journal will also include studies on such treatment options as hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, immunology, and gene therapy.
A competitive search process is being conducted for the position of Deputy Editor of Pediatric Blood & Cancer (the Journal). The intention of the search process is to identify an individual who will be appointed as Deputy Editor of the Journal. The deadline to submit applications is Septmeber 15, 2015. The candidate will be selected in October.
The Pediatric Blood & Cancer Deputy Editor will:
Be an established and internationally respected individual in the field of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and;
- Have understanding of all aspects of basic science and clinical care and investigation in the field of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology;
- Be experienced in editorial work for other high profile biomedical journals;
- Have superior editing and writing skills;
- Be a member of both ASPHO and SIOP throughout their complete tenure;
- Be capable of working closely with the members of the joint committee.
The Pediatric Blood & Cancer Deputy Editor Term:
- The Deputy Editor’s three-year term will begin immediately upon appointment in November/December 2015 through December 2018.
- The Deputy Editor’s contract, as well as subsequent contract renewals, if any, as mutually desired, will be negotiated with Wiley, the Publisher.
Pediatric Blood & Cancer Deputy Editor’s Job Description:
- The person selected to serve will be named the Deputy Editor of the Journal, and will be an independent contractor of Pediatric Blood & Cancer (a publication of Wiley).
- The Deputy Editor will, in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief and Publisher, establish editorial policy;
- The Deputy Editor will, in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief and Publisher, appoint Editorial Board members;
- The Deputy Editor will maintain computer and other equipment necessary for the completion of editorial responsibilities;
- The Deputy Editor will work collaboratively with the Editorial Office staff contracted by the Publisher and utilize the web-based manuscript management system offered by the Publisher;
- The Deputy Editor will, in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief, seek appropriate high-quality contributions to the Journal;
- The Deputy Editor will, in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief, oversee the peer review process such that Contributions to the Journal will be reviewed in a timely manner by appropriately qualified persons;
- The Deputy Editor will, in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief, provide materials to the Publisher in accordance with an agreed upon production schedule. Such materials will be complete with all text, illustrations and tabular matter, permissions and assignments of copyright in accordance with the guidelines given in the Author Guidelines;
- The Deputy Editor will, in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief, determine the order of contents in each volume of the Journal;
- The Deputy Editor will, in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief, be responsible for the timely review of page proofs prepared by the Publisher and notification of the Publisher of any necessary amendments in accordance with the Production Schedule;
- Once appointed as Deputy Editor, he or she will, if not already a member, join both ASPHO and SIOP and remain a member of each throughout his or her complete tenure
- The applicant’s CV;
- The applicant’s statement of his/her qualifications for the position and plans for working with the Editor-in-Chief and Publisher to advance the status and readership acceptance of the Journal;
- Letter from the applicant’s Dean, Department Head, or Division Chief (or other approving committee) confirming their institution’s acceptance of the application and potential appointment to become Deputy Editor of Pediatric Blood & Cancer
Deadline to submit is September 15, 2015.
The Deputy Editor candidate will be selected in October.
The Search Committee:
The editorial search committee is composed of the members of the Joint Publications Committee; the Presidents of ASPHO and SIOP, or their designees; the current Editor-in-Chief; and Kate Perry, Publisher (non-voting member).
Dr. Jeffrey Lipton, Chair, Joint Publications Committee
Kate Perry, Editor
350 Main Street
Malden, MA 02148
Phone: +(1) 781-388-8536
Fax: +(1) 781-338-8536