ASPHO Endorsements of Clinical Guidelines, Policies, Position Statements, and Advocacy Letters
From time to time, ASPHO is asked to review and endorse materials developed by other organizations. Such materials are first screened for eligibility and then an ad hoc review panel is appointed to conduct an expert review with recommendations for board action.
In the case of guidelines, the Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) Committee reviews and assesses guidelines submitted for endorsement using the AGREEII standard evaluation tool.
In the case of policies of the American Academy of Pediatrics, or those submitted to the AAP for review, a joint ASPHO-AAP subject matter expert review process is in place which provides consolidated recommendations on behalf of both organizations.
2014 Endorsed Guidelines
The C17 Guideline for Primary Antifungal Prophylaxis for Pediatric Patients with Cancer or Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Complete guideline: http://www.c17.ca/index.php?cID=86
- Condensed version in Pediatric Blood and Cancer in an open-access format: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pbc.24847/pdf
The POGO Guideline for the Prevention and Treatment of Anticipatory Nausea and Vomiting due to Chemotherapy in Pediatric Cancer Patients
- Complete guideline: http://www.pogo.ca/healthcare/practiceguidelines/anticipatorycinv/
- Condensed version of the guideline has been published in Pediatric Blood and Cancer 2014; 61:1506–1512.
2012 Endorsed Guidelines
The POGO Guideline for the Prevention of Acute Nausea and Vomiting Due to Antineoplastic Medication in Pediatric Cancer Patients (2012).
- Complete guideline: http://www.pogo.ca/healthcare/practiceguidelines/acuteainvguideline/
- Condensed version published in Pediatric Blood and Cancer in open-access format: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pbc.24508/pdf