Childhood Cancer Survivorship Award for Excellence
Funded by Northwestern Mutual
Professionals who focus on survivorship have chosen to devote considerable effort to helping pediatric cancer survivors live full and healthy lives. To honor the efforts of these exceptional investigators, the Northwestern Mutual Foundation is proud to partner with ASPHO in awarding the Northwestern Mutual Award for Excellence in Childhood Cancer Survivorship, which will annually recognize an individual for their outstanding contributions dedicated to this segment of the pediatric hematology/oncology field.
In its inaugural year, the award seeks to recognize a pioneer in childhood cancer survivorship – someone who has given shape and credibility to the field through landmark contributions, which should include significant contributions to the medical literature and mentorship in this area. The recipient will be required to be nominated in the award’s inaugural year –self-nominations will not be accepted.
- significant contribution to the medical literature in the field of childhood cancer survivorship;
- dedicated time and effort to mentoring others in childhood cancer survivorship;
- a regular or allied member of ASPHO in good standing (i.e., clinicians, physician scientists, advance practice providers and researchers);
- ability to personally accept the award during the annual ASPHO Conference.
Recognition and Reimbursement
The 2018 awardee will receive:
- Complimentary 2018 ASPHO Conference registration
- Round-trip economy airfare to the 2018 ASPHO Conference
- Two nights in the 2018 ASPHO Conference host hotel
- $10,000 honorarium to be used to further the recipient’s work in survivorship
ASPHO is no longer accepting applications for this award.