The Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Review Course
"Highly recommended! The ASPHO Review Course covers an enormous amount of material, which is condensed and organized into well-presented, dynamic lectures. The resources provided during the course are incredibly valuable study guides. You will leave the course feeling confident in your ability to succeed on the boards. In addition, it is great to reconnect with friends and colleagues in the field!”
—Erika Friehling, MD, 2015 attendee
2017 ASPHO Review Course was held in February 2017. Visit 2017 Online Review Course for information on the online program.
Only offered every 2 years, the ASPHO Pediatric Hematology/Oncology live Review Course is designed for
- physicians planning to take the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) examination for initial certification in pediatric hematology/oncology
- those preparing for Part 3 of the ABP's Program for Maintenance of Certification in the Pediatric Subspecialties
- fellows in training and practitioners who wish to review the established standards of care in pediatric hematology/oncology.
Highlights of the Review Course include
- 26 lectures that focus on specific content for the ABP subboard exam
- two lunch sessions featuring slide reviews of peripheral blood and bone marrow morphology
- take-home study materials, including a comprehensive course syllabus and a compendium of more than 300 sample multiple-choice questions
- online access to recordings of presentations after the course
- access to expert ASPHO faculty
- an opening night networking reception
- breakfast and lunch daily
- up to 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
"I had to recertify for both Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and thus had to be very strategic about the time spent in preparation. The ASPHO review course gave me an intense, condensed, but highly relevant re-education, which allowed me to pass the Boards and at the same time fulfill my MOC requirements! Certainly worth my time and money!" —Brigitta U. Mueller, MD, MHCM, CPE, FAAP