The 2021 ASPHO Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Review Course
January 27-30, 2021
Registration is open! Save $250 as an early bird and register by January 7!
ASPHO is excited to announce that the 2021 Review Course will take place January 27-30, 2021. Based on the rapidly changing environment and public health guidance, ASPHO’s leadership has decided to offer the course in a virtual format. The virtual format will allow attendees to learn from sessions presented live and on-demand as well as numerous opportunities for question and answers sessions. We look forward to providing a rich meeting and learning experience offering unique and expanded opportunities for attendees to learn, network, connect, review, and study for the upcoming ABP Hematology/Oncology sub-board exam scheduled for April 7, 2021.
Attendees benefit from the live immersive learning program, which includes
- 31 total lectures (including 14 on-demand sessions) specifically focused on the content from the ABP content outline
- 29 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Syllabus (compilation of all PowerPoint presentations) as an electronic file available one week prior to the course to download to computer or print out - set up in notes format. Morphology slides will be included.
- 100 self-assessment questions received as an electronic pdf download in black and white to download to computer or print out.
Benefit from this immersive learning experience!
The 2021 Review Course gives attendees a comprehensive review of the foundational topics in the specialty practice of pediatric hematology/oncology, as well as numerous convenient virtual engagement opportunities to maximize your learning and interact with faculty including:
- Virtual access to all sessions, including live sessions and on-demand sessions
- Access to expert faculty through live chat format during lectures and interactive Q/A at the end of each live lecture.
- Follow-up discussion and Q/A sessions leading up to the 2021 exam in the form of virtual office hours after the course.
- Virtual networking event on the first night of the course
- Direct teaching to exam requirements based on the ABP content outline
- Exclusive discounts on additional resources to enhance your course experience and guide your independent study.
About the Sessions:
- There are 31 total sessions, including 17 synchronous/live sessions built into the schedule above. All live sessions will be pre-recorded and played live, which will allow speakers to join in the conversation and answer attendee questions in real-time. In addition, all live sessions include 15 minutes built-in for live question/answer at the end.
- Each live session is separated by 15-minute breaks, allowing attendees time to answer emails, grab a quick snack, check in on their kids/pets, etc.
- The remaining 14 asynchronous sessions will be pre-recorded and available on-demand (released ahead of the live event). Faculty from those sessions will be available during multiple virtual office hour sessions (question/answer/self-assessment question review) scheduled during February and/or March. At least 4 virtual office hour sessions will be scheduled, with 3-4 faculty participating in each session.
- Review Course attendees will have access to all sessions on-demand through March 31, 2023.