The 2023 ASPHO Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Review Course
January 26-29, 2023
The 2023 ASPHO Review Course took place over January 26-29, 2023, in a virtual format, allowing attendees to learn from sessions presented live and on-demand as well as numerous opportunities for question and answers sessions. It was our pleasure to provide a rich meeting and learning experience offering unique and expanded opportunities for attendees to learn, network, connect, review, and study for the upcoming ABP Hematology/Oncology sub-board exam scheduled for April 3, 2023. The course also supported practitioners wishing to reinforce understanding of established standards of care for the subspecialty.
"It was an excellent, thorough course that covered all of the topics needed to fully understand pediatric hematology/oncology.” – April Rahrig, DO
"The virtual format was great, especially real-time Q&A opportunities.” – Rebecca Epperly, MD
Benefits of this immersive learning experience!
The 2023 Review Course gave attendees a comprehensive review of the foundational topics in the specialty practice of pediatric hematology/oncology, as well as numerous convenient virtual engagement opportunities to maximize your learning and interact with faculty including:
- 33 total presentations (19 presented during the course dates and all 33 sessions available on-demand after the course) specifically focused on the content from the ABP content outline.
- A full schedule with critical content plus social breaks including virtual lunch and networking with mentor panels.
- Opportunities to earn CME - up to 33.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Access to expert faculty through live chat format during lectures and interactive live Q/A at the end of each live presentation.
- New! Continued learning with speakers after the course through a Review Course community forum for discussion and Q&A.
Convenient, interactive, and self-paced course materials for registrants included:
- Digital color syllabus - compilation of all PowerPoint presentations as an electronic .pdf file available to download or print - set up in notes format - including Morphology slides!
- 100 practice questions received as an electronic .pdf to download or print.
- Exclusive savings on additional resources including a printed/bound full-color syllabus, and access to the full bundle of over 400 self-assessment questions - to enhance your course experience and guide your independent study.
Registrants enhanced their learning with these exclusive opportunities:
- A full-color, printed syllabus for $295 delivered directly to your home or office.
- The full set of 400 self-assessment questions, available for purchase in an electronic, test-simulation format. Self-assessment questions can be accessed after the course and are available for two years. The discounted rate of $195 for course attendees will be available until April 7, 2023. For more information, click here.
About the Sessions
- 33 total sessions took place, including 19 synchronous/live sessions built into the schedule linked above. All live sessions were pre-recorded and played live, which allowed speakers to join in the conversation and answer attendee questions in real-time. In addition, all live sessions included 15 minutes built-in for live question/answer at the end.
- Each live session was separated by at least 15-minute breaks, allowing attendees time to answer emails, grab a quick snack, check in on their kids/pets, etc.
- The remaining 14 asynchronous sessions were pre-recorded and available on-demand (released ahead of the live event). Faculty from those sessions were available through the Review Course community forum for question/answer/discussion.
- Review Course attendees have access to all sessions on-demand through March 31, 2025.
- ASPHO thanks BTG International, Inc., Chiesi USA, and Novartis Pharmaceuticals for educational grants.