At any stage in your pediatric hematology/oncology career, ASPHO equips you with the resources you need to expand your professional knowledge, leadership and network.
Stay Up-to-Date on New Developments and Treatment Options
- Pediatric Blood & Cancer: Pediatric Blood & Cancer, owned and published monthly by Wiley-Blackwell, is the official journal of ASPHO. Members receive an annual subscription as part of their membership. Published monthly, it includes manuscripts describing basic and clinical investigations of blood disorders and malignant diseases of childhood, including diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology, etiology, biology, and molecular and clinical genetics of these diseases as they affect children, adolescents, and young adults. Studies on treatment options such as hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, immunology, and gene therapy are also included.
- Online Clinical Forum: The Clinical Forum is part of the online membership community and facilitates the sharing of best practices, challenges, and solutions related to cases and clinical care.
- ASPHO eNews: ASPHO eNews provides current news and information of interest to current members bimonthly.
- ASPHO Advocacy Brief: The Advocacy Brief is a quarterly offering informing members about legislative and regulatory issues that have an impact on the pediatric hematology/oncology profession and the patients we serve.
- ASPHO News Briefs: ASPHO News Briefs is a free e-mail news service that provides a weekly summary of professional news, trends, and updates. ASPHO News Briefs is designed specifically for busy professionals in the field of pediatric hematology/oncology. The editors handpick key articles from hundreds of publications, summarize each, and provide links back to the original sources, making it easy to remain aware of timely professional news and information and saving valuable time.
- ASPHO At a Glance: ASPHO At a Glance is sent to members in their first year. It' s a quarterly e-newsletter highlighting different member benefits to help members stay connected and informed about the Society.
Connect with a Diverse and Collaborative Network of Peers
- Leadership Opportunities: Through participation in one or more of the Society's standing committees or task forces, you will have the chance to address issues of importance to the subspecialty. Your participation in the Society will make a difference in the field of pediatric hematology/oncology.
- Mentoring Program: The Mentoring Program is a service to promote members' professional development. The goal of the program is to provide early career pediatric hematologists/oncologists the opportunity for mentoring by senior faculty in clinical, research, and clinician educator pathways, in addition to career mentoring.
- Member Community: ASPHO's online member community offers you tools that put you in touch with other members with common interests and allow you to share information, documents, links, and files in an organized searchable library.
- Online Clinical Forum: Receive clinical feedback from members within the Member Community.
- Online Membership Directory: The online member community features a directory allowing members to locate and communicate with one another.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): SIGs provide forums that allow members with similar interests and challenges to easily interact with each other and develop extended resource bases.
- Career Center: The online ASPHO Career Center provides a forum for targeted recruitment and career development, connecting employers to potential employees in the field of pediatric hematology/oncology.
Exclusive Member Savings and Access to State-of-the-Art Subspecialty Education and Board Review Resources
- ASPHO Conference: The conference offers educational programs on the most up-to-date treatment techniques and therapies, including the latest research reports on cutting-edge issues. Continuing medical education credit is available to attendees through a variety of sessions. ASPHO members receive a discount on meeting registration.
- ASPHO Review Course: The ASPHO Review Course, offered every other year, is designed for physicians planning to take the American Board of Pediatrics' (ABP's) examination for initial certification pediatric hematology/oncology, as well as for those preparing for Part 3 of the ABP's Program for Maintenance of Certification in the Pediatric Subspecialties (formerly known as the recertification exam). The course is also beneficial for fellow in training and pediatric practitioners who wish to review both the established standards of care and recent basic and clinical advances in pediatric hematology/oncology. ASPHO members receive a discount on the review course registration.
- The KARE Toolkit - Knowledge and Assessment Resources: ASPHO’s self-assessment resources let you choose the content that meets your professional needs. Select from KARE Toolkit resources featuring questions and recordings that focus on pediatric oncology, pediatric hematology, or compile information from both specialties. Specialists across the field can translate foundational knowledge into practice with ASPHO’s interactive online resources.
- ASPHO Webinar Series: These popular webinars are free non-CME presentations by experts on clinical and career topics of broad interest to our members. Members can participate live and ask questions of the presenters and moderator, or watch a recorded version after the event.